Monday, March 02, 2009

Random Happenings

So ... I keep not posting. Just usually don't take the time to post here AND on facebook - facebook usually wins.

But anyhow - in the last month and half .....

Maezie started taking steps on February 9th, and is full-fledged walking now. She's getting pretty fast now, but still looks somewhat like a penguin waddling around. Pretty darn cute!!

I got a new camera ... FINALLY. A Nikon D40. I'm wishing in my heart that I had gone with the Canon Rebel XS, but ... the Nikon was about $100 cheaper, plus I got an extra lens, so ... if you add all that together, maybe about $250 cheaper or so?? Anyhow ... someday maybe I'll own a Canon, or perhaps I'll just stick with Nikon (and get a D400 when I'm ready to move up!) I'm enjoying taking pictures. It brings me great joy to have a camera fast enough to keep up with my kids and get the shots of them that I've been aching to get for their whole lives!

Kyleigh and Maezie's second cousin (on my Dad's side) was born a few days ago. Caden Jacob was happy and healthy, and Meghan birthed him with ZERO pain meds!! :) The girls have another second cousin on that side, Max, who they'll meet when they get to Heaven. Max is learning how to fish with our Grandpa right now. :)

Maezie is working on her top two teeth. They're through the skin, but are slow in coming down all the way. It's sad though, because Maezie has a rare oral deformity. It's not too serious, but it's what is known as a "tight labial frenia" which means that the little flap of skin that's normally up between your top gums and lip extends all the way down and wraps around the bottom of her gums. So it will keep her upper lip tight to her gums, and also her top two teeth will have a big gap between them. :( Once her baby teeth fall out, she'll have minor day surgery to "clip" or "remove" this extra piece of skin. Then I'm sure we'll get her braces as soon as possible so that we can correct the gap. I don't want her being self-conscious of the gap and not smiling, you know?

Matt's job is ... well, he's miserable. He desperately needs a new job. Right now, because his store is struggling to meet their payroll numbers and pass their audits (due to being severely understaffed) his district manager got angry and told Matt and his senior store manager that since the two of them are salary, that they have to work 7 days a week until further notice. You heard me - NO DAYS OFF. Please, please, pray that either his job will miraculously get MUCH better or that another job would open up somewhere else!

My mom is coming out to see me in a few days. And my longtime best friend, Shanna, might be driving out to see us too! Hooray! I love having house-guests. And I miss my friends and family back in Texas.

Kyleigh is really starting to get the grammar thing down. "I want to eat a snack." and "Can you help me?" and things like that. Smart girl. I just watched her dip her kiwi slices in ketchup at lunch though, and that's grossing me out. She's climbing all over everything though. I really feel like it's only a matter of time before I hear a "thump" on the roof and run out to find she's climbed up there somehow. She's incredibly athletic. Got that from her Daddy, I assure you.

In other news, I'm beginning to feel that itch to have another baby. I wish I could just snap my fingers though, because I'm not looking forward to being pregnant again. (And NO, I'm not pregnant.) We want to make sure that Matt is happily settled into a good job before we get pregnant again. And I really hope we get to have a boy next time. I think I would feel complete then. :) C-sections are about $30,000 each, so having good insurance is key.

Anyhow, I'll post some pictures now.

No comments: