Sunday, March 08, 2009

Poor Maezie



These pictures are from BEFORE she got sick. Look, Maezie's very first set of pigtails!! Woo hoo! I didn't get to put pigtails in Ky's hair until she was 19 months old ...

Maezie has her very first stomach flu. In fact, this is the first time she's ever thrown up (except for once when she was about 3 weeks old and got her tummy just TOO FULL of milk) and it's been pretty terrible.

I was terrified at first that it was food poisoning and that it was my fault. Night before last I made chicken for dinner, and left it out for several hours before I put it in the fridge. I reheated some for Maezie for lunch, and she started throwing up at about 8pm last night. Anyhow, I did buttloads of research about food poisoning and although I'm not 100% sure, I think this is a virus instead. She's running a fever, and is still sick today, but doesn't really have diarreah (a very prominent and classic symptom of foodborne illness). She's only thrown up once this morning, all her other episodes were last night and in the wee hours of the morning. Even though I'm pretty sure it's NOT my fault and I didn't poison my kid, I can guarantee you that from now on whenever anything is cooked, it's going in the fridge PRONTO!!!

She's been sleeping most of the day ... just woke up from her 5th nap of the day. She wants to be held almost all of the time that she's awake, and she's definitely miserable. Poor baby. Keep her in your prayers.

1 comment:

Jen said...

We are praying for her....you have lots from us since we owe you from all of Z's! HAHA! :)