Sunday, December 24, 2006

Kyleigh's First Christmas Eve!

I can't believe it's already Christmas! It's really exciting! Of course Kyleigh has no idea what Christmas is, and she'll probably be eating her wrapping paper tomorrow morning instead of furiously ripping it off her presents, but that's alright.

It doesn't really feel like Christmas. I'm not sure if it's because Matt and I are just starting our new lives together and haven't really established a tradition, or if it's because I'm away from Texas (where I've had Christmas for the 22 years before I was married), or maybe because I didn't have time to put up a lot of Christmas decorations this year. Or maybe it's because the movies "Scrooged" and "Mickey's Christmas Carol" aren't on! Can you believe that? I think I've watched those two movies for YEARS every Christmas. It's tradition! We checked our cable and neither of them are on. *sigh* Oh well. I'm sure by next year, when Kyleigh knows who "Santa" is, and knows that wrapped presents contain something she'll like, Christmas will be much more exciting. By that time she'll be walking and talking up a storm! Yikes!

Well, we're about to go drive around and look at Christmas lights! (That's a Christmas tradition in the Donaghey family that we're going to make a tradition for Kyleigh!)

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! :)

No comments: