Friday, August 25, 2006

Welcome to the Allison Family Blog! At my mother's request, I started this blog to keep everyone up to date on the comings and goings of our little family.

Matt and I became a family of three on July 13, 2006 when our daughter Kyleigh Abigail was born. She's absolutely adorable and looks a lot like her Daddy. She's a healthy baby with a definite personality and she's the most wonderful thing on the planet! :) She's six weeks old now and we've pretty much completely adjusted to having a baby around. Now I just wish I could hire someone to come and keep my house clean!!! It's amazing how LITTLE time I have now that she's here.

A little about Matt and I ... We're living in Lincoln, Nebraska. Matt is managing GNC up here and doing quite well at it. I work for State Farm Insurance and I have to start back to work on September 11 after an 8 week maternity leave. I wish I could just stay at home the whole time but it's just not working out that way right now. We go to Calvary Chapel Lincoln, a wonderful little church up here. Pastor Dennis is a no-frills, Bible-based man. You can't listen to any sermons (or conversations for that matter!) without being convicted to change some aspect of your life. The church is small, but faithful. In mid-September I'll be taking over the youth ministry and working with the teenagers. There's only 4 teenagers to teach so far, but I'm still excited at the opportunity to do something I've always felt called to do. Matt started a men's prayer breakfast that meets Tuesday mornings at a local restaurant here. Kudos to the men of the church for meeting at 5:30 am!!

A little about Kyleigh ... What can be said about the cutest baby I've ever seen? :) She's very healthy and is happy most of the time. She likes to eat, and doesn't really seem very particular about where the food comes from. For example, one day her and I were shopping at Wal-Mart. She woke up from a nap in the middle of store and started screaming. I raced to the bathroom to warm up the bottle of breastmilk I had in the diaper bag. She was screaming so loudly on the way to the bathroom that I just decided to give her the cold bottle in hopes it would help until I could get it warmed up. My strange child drank the ENTIRE bottle REFRIGERATED! I don't mean slightly cool, either. It was wrapped in an ice-pack and it was COLD! She's not picky about her milk - but she's picky about her diaper! She hates to be dirty and when I change her diaper, she coos and smiles at me. She loves to be outside and loves to be snuggled. She knows who her Daddy is and likes to stare at his face when he holds her. She definitely knows who I am and is comforted most easily by me, but I'm not sure if it's ME she likes or just the MILK! :) She's a pretty good baby, and we're very blessed to have her. I can't imagine life without my little cutie!!

That's about enough for now, I suppose. Kyleigh is demanding my attention - it's good to be needed!

1 comment:

G'ampa C said...

Welcome to the journey, my child. Treasure what you have and share it with others, for that doubles the pleasure. I remember you as a tiny baby, and how I felt the first time I held you. Parenthood is so informing about God, because he calls us his children. I love you, all three.